Thursday, December 10, 2009

Reasons why I love my man

  • He is devilishly handsome with his goatee.
  • Bald never looked so good!
  • He is always willing to do the dirty work: get the drink of water or let the dogs out in the middle of the night when I pretend to be asleep, take the boy to the dentist and to school when he has an "off" day, clean the kitchen, shovel the walks (not only for our house, but also any person he may have ever made contact with).
  • He will always pinch-hit whenever he is needed.
  • He hates to kill spiders and catch bats, but he'll do it anyway.
  • He has a very dry sense of humor, but when he says something funny, he can't help but laugh at himself.
  • He changed my blue pads while I was laboring with our children.
  • He is a trauma-burn nurse.
  • He is an amazing dad.
  • He loves watching Bree play soccer....I mean he gets really excited and comes home telling me play by play what happened.
  • He can communicate with Ben when no one else can.
  • He fixes Blair's hair in the morning when I am not home.
  • He always "forgets" to make a green vegetable when he prepares dinner.
  • He will purposely NOT watch his favorite TV shows when I am at work, just so he can watch them with me.
  • He is an avid reader, and he is completely aware of current events.....not just the celebrity news, I mean real issues.
  • He makes me vote in every two-bit election in our city.
  • He never spoke down to my father.
  • He seems to have not noticed that I have put on 20lbs in the last three years.
  • He puts up with my mother.
What a freakin' saint!

4 comments:

R of TRME said...

Awe... I love him too!

Andrea McKay said...

It's all true. And he's a ginger.

Sass said...

John is the people's choice!

Taresa said...

You forgot, "He takes pictures of himself on everybody's camera during family get-to-gethers."