Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lost and Found

Our Boston Terrier Terror, Marabelle had a grand adventure a few weeks ago that I must write about before I forget. John's youngest sister Julie was getting married on October 10th. My family was all dressed up and ready to go, but my mom had stopped in to take some family photos. She suggested we take some outdoors, and as soon as I opened the front door, Marabelle shot out of it like a bat out of hell! I had to leave for the wedding because Bree was playing her violin in the ceremony, so I left John home searching the neighborhood for that darn dog. Of course she had her rabies tag and her license, but the tag with her name and phone number had broken off her collar.

I finally called him about 30 minutes later and told him to call off the search for the time being so he didn't miss his sister's wedding. He arrived (reluctantly) about 2 minutes before the service. Between the wedding and the reception we both drove around scanning the neighborhood (and beyond) for that little stinker. John kept at it and arrived at the reception well after the food was served. Then he found several excuses to run home for this or that so he could search for his beloved dog (the same dog he bitched about for hours the day prior).  He discovered that the bar at the reception was serving Oberon, so he began to drown his sorrows in his beer, only every-so-often looking up, raising his plastic cup and saying, "To Marabelle".  He started planning his Memorium tattoo of the beast.


The next morning he was up at 6am walking around looking again. When I got up, I put Marabelle's photo as my profile pic on facebook. My newly married sister-in-law did the same with the status, "Help us find this dog!". One of her facebook friends immediately responded that someone had posted a pic of her the day prior with the caption, "Found dog". We were ecstatic! John went and picked her up (2 blocks away), and the nice couple that found her said she had a great night. They fed her hot dogs and took her to a bonfire! They were impressed with how well she is crate-trained as they kept her in their cat's crate overnight! That girl is ALWAYS keeping us on our toes! We wouldn't trade her for the world! (We might prefer to have her break a leg or two, though!)

No comments: